· Contractor will secure all necessary permits and approvals
· Where and which walls will be moved
· Payment schedule
· Work hours
Set a payment schedule
· First payment should be no more than 10% of the total job.
· Final payment should be enough money--at least a few thousand dollars--to make sure the contractor returns to correct niggling details.
· Keep back enough money to hire someone else to finish the work if things go south with your contractor.
Schedule start and end dates
Address change orders
Research your arbitration options
Turn down contractor’s warranty